The Concordia Institute for Information Systems Engineering (CIISE) offers a Graduate Certificate in Service Engineering and Network Management for qualified university graduates who wish to obtain a complete set of knowledge and expertise that is necessary to work in the area of telecommunication and enables students to acquire knowledge in the area of network management. This program can be completed in one year.
Requirements for Completion
- Credits. A minimum of 20 credits.
- Courses. Candidates in the graduate certificate program must take 16 credits of core courses while the balance of 4 credits may be chosen from the elective list or other courses offered by the CIISE or other ENCS departments.
- Good Standing. Students who have completed at least two courses will be assessed in June of each year. To be permitted to continue, students must have obtained a weighted cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 3.
- Graduation. To be eligible to graduate, students must have obtained a CGPA of at least 3.
Core Courses (Course Description)
- INSE 6120 Crypto-Protocol and Network Security
- ELEC 6861 Higher Layer Telecommunications Protocols
- INSE 7110 Value Added Service Engineering in Next Generation Networks
- INSE 7120 Advance Network Management
Electives (Course Description)
- INSE 6100 Advanced Java Platforms
- COMP 6471 Software Design Methodologies
- COEN 7311 Protocol Design and Validation
- COMP 7231 Distributed Computer Systems
Pre-requisites: Special Permission must be obtained from CIISE.
For Canadians and Permanent Residents
- February 1st - Summer term (May/June)
- June 1st - Fall term (September)
- October 1st - Winter term (January)
For International (Study Permit) Students
- October 15 - Summer term (May/June)
- February 15 - Fall term (September)
- June 15th - Winter term (January)
Graduate Program Assistant
Voice : (514) 848-2424 ext. 5367
Fax : (514) 848-3171
Email : email@example.com
How To Apply
- Online. Go to www.concordia.ca, click on "Apply".
- Regular mail. Concordia University, Graduate Admissions Application Center, P.O.Box 2002, Station H, Montreal, QC H3G 2V4, Canada
- In person. Graduate Admission Services, Birks Students Service Center, 1400 de Maisonneuve Blvd West., Room LB-185.